We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
The terms ‘Life Science Access Academy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refer to the owner of the website. Our company registration number is 12176796 and our registered company address is White Knights, Popps Lane, Bexhill-On-Sea, East Sussex, England, TN39 3BL.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of the Site.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
- The Site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
2. Ownership, Use and Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that we, our licensors and authors, or all (as applicable), own all intellectual property rights in the Site, including but not limited to any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site, and the design, layout, look and appearance of the Site.
- We and our licensors and authors reserve all of our (and their) rights in any Intellectual Property Rights in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we (and they) see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the us, are acknowledged on the website. The use of any trade marks on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
3. Uploading Content to the Site
- While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (“Unwanted Submissions”). While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
- We may use any Unwanted Submissions as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis (bear in mind that we have no way of knowing whether such information is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable because we do not monitor the Site to check for these matters). Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Submissions confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Submissions.
- When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licenses:
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by our site and across different media and to promote the site or services; and
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.
4. Accuracy of Content and Availability of the Site
- While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs or viruses, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
- While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
- Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All content is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on the Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. Hyperlinks and Third Party Sites
- The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- You may not create a link to the Site from another website or document without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
6. Limitation on our Liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- losses that:
7. Rights of Third Parties
- No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
- These Terms are dated 24th August 2022. No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and your use of the Site is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The courts of the England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising out of your use of the Site.
10. Your Account and Password
- In the event that you are provided with a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any username or password at any time, for any reason.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password you should promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org